It's my birthday today and I am leaving for a Close To My Heart cruise on Friday, so I have a crazy busy week! My mom is making one of my favorite childhood meals and a birthday cake for me tonight and I just cannot wait!! I hate getting old, but I love a good birthday cake ;-)
Today I have a project for you made using the Art Philosophy cartridge and some new things in the Spring Summer catalog.
One way to add texture, color, and pattern to a piece of home décor is with fabric. The new Chantilly textiles make it easy to embellish with fabrics that include the beautiful colors and patterns that are typical of Close To My Heart. In the frame décor featured on page 16 of the Spring/Summer 2013 Idea Book, pieces of Pear damask and Buttercup polka-dot fabric from the Chantilly textiles, as well as burlap ribbon, add a little something extra to a standard white frame. Follow these simple steps to incorporate fabric into an embellished frame that you can hang anywhere.
1. Determine how long you’d like the finished ribbon and bow. This is based on the size of your frame and if you’ll be hanging it. If you are hanging it on a wall or door, you’ll need enough ribbon to wrap around the top of the frame a couple of times and still have a long strip coming out the back of the frame.
2. Cut enough strips of fabric to equal your desired length, making sure the strips are about 3½" wide to wrap around the burlap ribbon.
3. Sew the short ends of the strips together to create one long strip that equals the finished size you need for the project.
4. Fold the long fabric strip around a piece of burlap ribbon of the same size and secure temporarily with a straight pin.
5. With a sewing machine, carefully sew four straight lines down the length of the fabric-wrapped burlap ribbon. This will keep the burlap from moving around or bunching up inside the fabric.
6. Loop and hot glue the fabric-wrapped burlap ribbon around the top of the frame a couple of times so that it is nice and sturdy for handling and hanging.
7. Tie the remaining fabric-wrapped burlap ribbon into a large bow. Fold the tails of the bow into a wave and hot glue to the frame to secure the shape.
8. Embellish frame with accessories, as desired.
Easy, isn’t it? Now you have a beautiful piece of fabric-embellished home décor that you can show off to friends, family, and especially your customers! Check out the Chantilly and For Always textiles in the Spring/Summer 2013 Idea Book to get your creative juices flowing for more project ideas with fabric.
This week is my birthday week, so I wanted to do something special. If you place an order on my website from today the 28th to the 31st, I will put you in for a drawing for $50 worth of product from the new catalog! I will draw TWO winners, so chance of winning is pretty good!
This week's giveaway is the Stencil cartridge!
1) Follow this blog or subscribe via email.
2) Leave a comment under one or all posts this week for maximum chances. See HERE if you don't know how to leave a comment.
Don't forget there is a new catalog starting February 1st, so if there is something you want out of this catalog get it now! Also, there is only 17% stock left of the Whoo's Your Valentine kit, so get it while you can!
Get the Stamp of the Month set for just $5 (S1301A) when you place an order of $50 or more in products.
Happy Valentine’s SET OF 7 Available January 1–31, 2013
Also, celebrate National Papercrafting Month with an incredible deal—our Whooo’s Your Valentine kit (CC1022) for only $10! Combine your love of papercrafting with the contents of this kit to create personalized valentines—perfect for classrooms and other group settings. This darling kit, which retails for $40, can be yours for only $10 when you spend $35 or more in Close To My Heart product from the Autumn/ Winter 2012 Idea Book. You’ll receive 12 die-cut boxes, 3 cardstock sheets, 1 sheet of silver glitter paper, 12 treat tubes, and an exclusive D-size stamp set created specifically for the kit. This kit offers you a sneak peek at two new Spring/Summer 2013 products: the treat tubes and the silver glitter paper! Decorate the die-cut boxes with the stamp images, cardstock, and glitter paper. Then attach the clear tube and fill with treats for valentines in a cinch! Offer good until January 31st. Quantities are limited!
The Kit includes:
12 — Die-CutBoxes(3eachof4colors:Blush,Hollyhock,Ruby,WhiteDaisy)
3 — 12" x 12" Cardstock Sheets (Blush, Hollyhock, White Daisy)
1 — Sheet Silver Glitter Paper—new product for Spring/Summer 2013!
12 — Treat Tubes with Lids—new product for Spring/Summer 2013!
1—My Acrylix® Whooo’s Your Valentine Stamp Set (D-size)
To order click here ==> Melanie's Close To My Heart website
Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Subscribe to Courtney Lane Designs by Email